Saturday, 13 February 2010

Last year I spent a lot of time reading. I read everything I could get my hands on. I read in the bath, in bed, on the bus, in the library. I read about photography and:
• Politics
• Art
• Community
• History
• Psychology
• Aesthetics
• Gender
• War
• Marxism
• Constructivism
• The 12 art movements of the early twentieth century
The history of photography etc, ect, ect.
At the end of last year I had retained so much information that I found it hard to practice photography. Simple things I would have taken a camera to became hard things that I thought about.
The worst thing that happened is that I messed up on an assignment/essay I spent so much time pouring information into the 1,500 words that I missed the point when editing the thing.

This year the only thing that I have really read up on is practical stuff. I’ve bought retouching books and so that I am not rushed by tallis; and have become a great retoucher. I have also read all of the books on my reading list for professional practice.
I have also taken photographs for shops and local businesses in Brighton and Hove and have set up a small business called North Laine Packshot.

I now take images for local magazines and newspapers: from start to finish.
I organise the pre print process and consult with companies on future design and photography work. Here are some samples of work produced this year:

No comments:

Post a Comment