Sunday, 14 February 2010

WEB UPDATE FOR 17th

My database
>

Web design Update 4

This post summarises work undertaken in my web design studies but before I begin, I have to comment on a server I was shown the other day called Mad Mimi. Mad Mimi is a mail generator that holds a hundred emails and can be timed to mail out monthly for a year. I have made an access database that can mail out, telephone, manage accounts and remind me of things. I wonder if I could get a script to ling Mad Mimi to Access.



My new logo




  • Logos and typography

This is the logo to my site. It took ages to make and I found the process quite difficult because I could not visualise an image even though I played around in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and illustrator and at home

on word pat and Corel. With my tutors help I managed to get this design by going online and creating it in a site called box kit. The logo is printed on my cards, website and letterheads.


  • Grunge Design layouts

Grunge design layouts all the rage in Europe: I noticed this whilst mood-boarding. In our lesson on grunge design we were asked to explore working with grunge backgrounds. After downloading a few templates I managed to make some quite interesting images.i usualy download images from smashing magazine. this time I have photographed a brick wall, entered text in PS and altered its effect in layers and drop shadow a bush filter and plastic wrap filter. Examples from mooding session and my image;





Above a home made image for grunge
to the right: a sorry attempt to create a logo
Below a sample from my Moodbord







  • Illustrator/vector layouts

I often see websites with seventies wallpaper look or that are lavishly embellished. After spending a lesson working with grunge images and illustrator I realised that a web designer must put a lot of energy and thought into designing this stuff. I put about four hours in and came up with this image of a wardrobe traced out in corel trace and tiled as a background.the photo is my own.

an image taken for a local retailer. I have scanned the image in Corel trace for a vector background.




I have created many styles of websites in Photoshop and Dreamweaver since the start of this course. The Photoshop layout is easy and one exported to Dreamweaver the editing and addition of text is simple. On all sites there is an issue with a space at the top.

I COULD GO INTO GREAT DETAIL. BUT ALL OF THE ANSWERS ARE IN A BOOK CALLED BRILLIANT Adobe DREAMWEAVER CS3.

Here are a series of designs; including a site that I am designing for a company called Adept UK.



Current website for local business related services I am working on a website for general photography.

December 09 website designed to go intoCD business cards with gallery hyperlinked in.



A team of professionals from Camden council have asked me to make a website for their consultancy service. this is one of the website drafts that i have submitted to them.



A template website for goldsmith images site. I want the site to be different and full of images.


samples form other attempts can be viewed in earlier blog updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment