I started making websites in 1999, when I took a course in Front Page at the then Brighton College. When I made my first website I used Aldus Photoshop and windows 2000. The resulting website (uploaded to an easy space account) was crammed with morphing images and a long page filled with hyperlinks and bookmarks: I’d probably shake if I saw it now.
Over the years I have had to create and upload images for different businesses and promotions. I have had to use different programmes/ software such as Quark express 5, Front page, Serif Web Plus, Microsoft publisher, Corel draw, and Dreamweaver 4. I thought I knew enough about websites, until this semester’s series of lessons on web design and design using Dreamweaver CS4.
On tour first lesson we looked at how to evaluate a website. I chose two websites as and looked at load times, animation colours fonts, resolutions etc. One of the things that were striking about most websites is the content: I made a mental note. We looked at simple things that make a big difference like low and high resolution; we were advised to look at websites using different computer monitors to see if they were effective.
In October my website looked like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment