
I have started to create a new website. The website will observe the three click rule and have:
- Clear Graphic design
- Ease of use and not too technical
- Easy interaction
To understand the processes and practicalities of web design we had to mood board, this process meant taking samples of sites, fonts, colours, layout etc. at first the thought of mood boarding felt quite childish, like making hand paintings or painting with shaped potatoes however, the process was quite illuminating. I could understand almost instantly how to achieve certain effects and layouts that I once thought impossible simply by looking at how shapes and colour is used in web design.
Wireframing
This exercise focused on bringing a website together on paper and we were given additional information and urged to look at information sites such as www.smashingmagazine.com. This site has loads of information on how to use Photoshop and online servers such as word press. After wireframing my idea I came up with the following draft for my website. Wire framing is pretty useful in retouching and general planning for design.
In today’s lesson JC gave us and overview of the web and its uses, I also realised the importance of making sure that furniture and images are at the right resolution for upload. Using Photoshop we were taught a simple method for reducing the size of photographs without reducing its quality. Before being taught to save for web I would use the export for tool in light room or Blue horizon or a really old programme called
Dreamweaver. Using Dreamweaver we were shown a simple exercise for inputting text and graphics.
The images were taken as part of a series of interviews. sme of the prople involved have declined to be published to this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment